Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to join a newly commissioned Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Electrical Technician will support the Electrical Engineer in performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical assets across the site ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer, typical duties of the Electrical Technicians will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and HV/LV plant
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Commissioning activities
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A recognised Electrical engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry e.g. power station, pharmaceutical plant, steels works, paper mill, manufacturing etc.
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC / ONC / NVQ in electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with electrical systems including motors, drives, transformers etc
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- Overtime at 1.5x
- A contributory pension
- Sick pay
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.