Electrical Engineering Manager - Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We're currently recruiting an Electrically biased Engineering Manager join the maintenance department of an established data centre services business. Our client currently operates 5 data centres across the South East of England that provide critical data services to many large household brands.
As the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will be ultimately responsible for all Electrical activities across multiple sites, acting a point of contact for all technical queries, acting as Senior Authorised Person and managing continuous improvement programmes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director as the Electrical Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as Senior Authorised Person / SAP for all High Voltage & Low Voltage equipment which includes training / mentoring Engineers through their AP personal development.
- Providing technical support for all electrical plant including switch gear, transformers, generators, switching activities, distribution equipment, control systems, generators, UPS Systems etc
- Writing and developing standard and emergency operating procedures
- Take part in commissioning activities, improvement projects and new builds, acting as the Electrical Lead where appropriate
- Oversee compliance with legislative and company policies for Health & Safety matters
- Managing the Electrical department budget
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally degree qualified in an Electrical Engineering discipline. Candidates with a HNC / HND / ONC combined with relevant experience will also be of interest.
- Experience working in a supervisory position from relevant industry such as Data Centres, Hard Facilities Management, Royal Navy, Refinery, Paper Mill, Steel Works, Power Stations.
- HVAP / AP 15 / SAP trained and qualified for switching activities up to 11kV
- 17th / 18th Edition
- Familiar with a variety of Facilities / Data Centre Electrical Equipment
Due to the nature of this role you must be willing to undergo security checks up to BS7858:2012 standards.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.