(Design, Development, Modification)
£35-£38,000 Per Year
Design, development and modification of electrical/electronic control systems and ancillary equipment for process plant, provide electrical support necessary for manufacture, test and maintenance in-service.
Responsible for delegated technical aspects of design and for meeting demands of finance and timescale.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Selection of electrical/electronic hardware for design in accordance with customer requirements, including MoD, involving liaison with suppliers.
- Engineering design and production of documentation for hardware and software control systems. The design to fully comply with TPG Maritime and/or the customer's requirements.
- Development of automation and control software that will be installed on process plants to fully comply with TPG and/or the customer's requirements.
- Direction of Design Office during production of designs, including checking.
- Operation of the Company's Departmental Procedures.
- Liaison with production/sub-contractors during manufacture and test of control systems, sub-assemblies etc. Supervision of technicians building prototype units.
- Testing and fault finding of control and test systems, including preparation of relevant documentation.
- Visits to clients' offices or sub-contractor/suppliers' works as required.
- Analysis, assessment and deployment of modern technology to improve the effectiveness, operation and accessibility of information at the business
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Degree or HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Background of electrical/electronic manufacturing practices.
- Structured, logical approach to engineering design.
- Ability to work within a team with initiative and minimum supervision to a programme
- Membership of professional institute.
- Time served Apprenticeship.
- Familiarity with military equipment requirements.
- Experience of using PLCs and/or embedded systems- of both hardware and software aspects.
- Confident manner.
- Flexible approach.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.