Electrical Design Engineer - Power (CHP)
£35,000 - £50,000 (DoE) + benefits
Our client, a leader in Combined Heat and Power (CHP) solutions, are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer who has experience in Power Systems to join their team in Stockport, Cheshire.
You will be responsible for all aspects related to the Electrical Engineers of the projects business and be accountable for the P&L of the individual projects, under guidance Senior Management.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Electrical Design Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Producing single line diagrams (SLD) up to 132KV networks
- Providing expertise in design and implementation of Low Voltage (LV) / High Voltage (HV) power generation systems, distribution and earthing for new projects, and modifications to existing schemes.
- Produce block cable diagrams, termination schedules and cable loop diagrams for all interconnecting equipment associated with the project
- Technical calculations and assessments
- Monitor and measure supplier's work to be signed off in accordance with the quality plan and inspection test plan (ITP)
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Relevant qualification such as a Degree, HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering
- Technical expertise in power generation, electrical control schemes, LV/HV power distribution CDM and H&S
- At least 2 years experience in technical management and development of Energy Projects
- Good IT skills and competent with Microsoft Office Packages
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Up to £50,000
- Excellent company benefits
To apply for this position, please seen a copy of your updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this exciting opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.