Electrical Design Engineer
circa £35k DOE
I'm looking to speak with an ambitious Electrical Design Engineer that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, successful, and forward-thinking engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of high integrity electrical and mechanical solutions to a range of demanding high hazard industries.
As an experienced member of the electrical design team you will have responsibility across the following areas, ideally to include close collaboration with manufacturing / production teams on bespoke electro-mechanical assemblies:
- Producing project estimates, specs, and layouts to provide technical support to tender and bid activity for new customers and project variation proposals to existing customers.
- Producing schematic, layout and block cable diagrams with a strong appreciation for manufacturability and value engineering, safety, quality and customer approval.
- The setup, control and safe completion of plant installation and commissioning activity in the workshop and on client sites.
With a background in project based electrical engineering for high hazard sectors you will be a confident individual capable of working independently and guiding others, from concept to delivery. Previous time spent working closely with other engineering disciplines on collaborative delivery projects is key, and you would be expected to demonstrate both knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Autodesk / AutoCAD Electrical
- MCC (Motor Control Centre), control and instrumentation panels
- Design validation in respect to safety related parts for a control system
- Programming and commissioning of PLC and HMI
What's on offer?
This role will suit someone looking to build on their existing EC&I knowledge to deliver solutions across the full lifecycle of a project, from concept to delivery, and to take ownership of a variety of challenging but rewarding packages of work.
In reward for this, a solid base salary is accompanied by 6% pension, private healthcare, a 36.5hr working week and additional company benefits.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.