Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
We are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our Client, a growing professional renewable energy practice who specialise in designing bespoke renewable systems for commercial PV installers and solar park EPCs. Also offering consultancy services to developers and asset owners including feasibility studies, design optimisation and due diligence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team, working closely with the Director and taking a leading role in providing high quality design services in the commercial- and utility-scale solar PV and energy storage industry.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Producing calculations, creating designs and drawings, performing simulations, and undertaking surveys.
- Handling Client enquiries, attending meetings and maintaining a quality level of service.
- Drafting reports and producing proposals for projects. You will also be expected to compose formal written reports of your findings.
- Consider on design equipment selection, solar DC wiring, power circuit, SCADA, earthing, protection schemes, auxiliary supplies & services.
- Travelling to visit sites across the UK.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Electrical Design Engineer role, you must have:
- An Electrical Engineering degree or relevant equivalent.
- Relevant experience in a similar role. This maybe demonstrated through at least three years' responsible design experience in the renewable energy, HV power systems or MEP sectors in the UK and meeting criteria and membership of the IET
- Proven theoretical and practical understanding of electrical system design and installation
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD packages and MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Previous project-management or construction experience would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and the flexibility to stay away.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business in the Renewable Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary package, plus benefits.
If you would like to apply for this Electrical Design Engineer role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.