E,C&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Circa £48,000 plus benefits
We are recruiting an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a Biomass Combined Heat and Power Station and Feedstock Processing Plant near Elgin, Scotland. The plant process around 568,000 tonnes of by-product (daff and pot ale) produced from the whisky manufacturing process to produce 6.5 MWe of electricity, heat and high quality animal feed. The station boasts a 99% availability and we are looking for an EC&I Technician who will maintain this impressive level of performance.
Reporting into the O&M Manager the E,C&I Technician will be responsible for:
- Efficiently planning and executing maintenance activities
- Responding to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours
- Assisting in the planning and execution of projects and outage work
- Maintaining an effective maintenance management system
- Supervising subcontractors
- Ensuring the plant is operating safely and efficiently within environmental compliance rules and regulations
What you will need…
- An apprenticeship in C&I / Electrical Engineering along with a qualification such as HNC/ONC in electrical / C&I engineering
- At least 5 years experience minimum technicians maintaining PLC's (ideal Siemens S7's), Control Systems, DCS, SCADA, Instrumentation, motors, switch gear and transformers etc
- Ideally experience gained on a thermal power plant (biomass, CHP/ Cogeneration/ Combined Heat and Power, CCGT, Energy from Waste, Coal etc) utilising steam turbines, steam boilers and electrical generators. Candidates from other heavy process industries will be considered (refinery, paper mill, steel etc)
- IOSH qualification would also be beneficial.
What's on offer…
- Salary up to £48,000 plus benefits an
- Excellent pension (3% employee/ 10% employer contributory)
- Sick pay
- 31 days' holiday
- Company mobile
- Relocation assistance will also be offered to those that would require it.
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve Utton.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.