Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
Circa £40,000 + benefits
We are actively recruiting an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the Shropshire area. This position will be working for one of the UK's leading waste management companies and arguably the leading Energy from Waste specialist too.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all EC&I assets across the plant. Typical duties will include:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance
What you will need…
- A recognised electrical/C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry
- An HNC or equivalent in either electrical or C&I engineering
- A solid level of knowledge and understanding of maintenance strategies associated with plant including HV/LV equipment, motors, switchgear, boiler and steam plant would be a distinct advantage
- An understanding and knowledge of control systems & software - DCS/SCADA/PLC
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
What's in it for you…
- A salary up to circa £40,000
- Excellent overtime rates plus callout
- Excellent company benefits
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry
How to apply...
- To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 284 & speak to Kyle Shinn for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.