Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for an Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer to work for a state-of-the-art fulfilment centre boasting cutting edge technology.
This is a great opportunity for an Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer as you will play an important part in supporting the operation, by providing first response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works. You will also be first point of contact to be able to offer support and guidance to trainee and technician engineers.
As an Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer, your duties will include:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site, in a timely and safe manner ensuring procedures are followed
- Reacting to breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Provide support and training to junior engineers and technicians
- Updating and filing the correct records for activities and tasks undertaken, parts used from stores and training undertaken
- Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are always maintained.
- Work with manufacturers to find out ways to improve machinery performance
- Respond to and diagnose breakdowns, resolving issues and repairing them
- Perform housekeeping and equipment cleaning
- Involvement in projects within the business to develop effective engineering installation and commissioning.
To be considered for the Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer role, it would be desirable to have:
- A formal qualification in either electrical or mechanical engineering
- Strong electrical experience ideally within a FMCG environment
- Knowledge of working with controls/ analysing faults and providing solutions
- Experience of reactive and preventative maintenance
- Understanding of automation hardware of software
- Ability to work in a team with varying abilities
As an Electrical biased Multi Skilled Engineer, you will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Training and progression opportunities
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- Numerous local discounts and benefits
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02393 910 043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.