E&I Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
Competitive salary + plus benefits
We are recruiting an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician / Engineer to join the Maintenance Department of a new build Energy from Waste power station in the West Midlands area. The plant processes clinical waste and has the capacity of to process 8,000 tonnes of waste per year.
The E&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all E&I assets across the plant to ensure minimum plant downtime. As this is a new build site, you'll be joining during the busy construction phase leading into hot commissioning which is an excellent time to get hands one experience on a new build plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, the E&I Technician will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on a variety of electrical & instrumentation plant including pressure, level, temperature and flow sensors, emissions monitoring equipment and electrical equipment such as 415v plant, motors, switchgear, generators etc.
- Carry out upgrades, loop checking and calibration activities.
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shutdowns, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Responding to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours.
- Adhere to Health & Safety legislation, ensuring all work is carried out to the highest level and compliant with relevant regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar
- AP qualification
- Excellent technical knowledge of Instrumentation and some Electrical systems
- At least 4 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works, pharmaceutical etc
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
- The highest regard for health, safety and environmental compliance
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive starting salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Company pension
- The chance to join a new build plant.
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 286 to speak to Dan who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.