EC&I Technician - Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for an EC&I Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a CCGT Power Station capable of producing around 860MW of power. An expansion on site has gone operational which added a further 300MW capacity to the plant and includes a Siemens F-Class Open Cycle Gas Turbine.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Lead EC&I Technician, as an EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities within the Power Station to ensure maximum availability for the day to day Operations.
- Supervise specialist contractors during periods of high activity, such as Outages or unplanned Shutdowns.
- Maintaining and documenting all work within the sites CMMS including planning future activities.
- Carry out calibration on a variety of Instrumentation equipment, including Temperature, Flow, Pressure, sensors.
- Maintain Electrical equipment including HV generators, switchgear, AVR's, transformers, drives, motors and inverters.
- Maintain the sites DCS system in addition to PLC's and Input / Output (I/O) devices.
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assist during OPEX & CAPEX projects as required.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/HND in electrical or C&I engineering
- At least five years' experience in an EC&I maintenance role, post apprenticeship, in a heavy process environment/sector (e.g. power station, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, steel works etc).
- Experience with control systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC's) and instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc) equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HV/MV/LV electrical systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus,
- Benefits package including Pension
- Opportunity to work on a highly efficient CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.