E,C&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive salary + plus benefits
We are recruiting an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the West Midlands area. The EC&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all EC&I assets across the plant to ensure minimum plant downtime.
What you will be doing…
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the EC&I Technician will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to maximise plant availability including pressure, level, temperature and flow sensors and control systems (DCS, PLCs) and electrical equipment (motors, switchgear, generators etc)
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shutdowns, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Responding to plant and equipment breakdowns both during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours,
What you will need…
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and some electrical systems
- At least 4 years of maintenance experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works, pharmaceutical etc
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
- The highest regard for health, safety and environmental compliance
What's on offer…
- Competitive starting salary rising after a training period
- Performance related bonus
- An excellent company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.