EC&I Technician - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute are working exclusively in partnership with MVV who specialise in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
Their latest project is a 3rd line to their existing Energy from Waste Power Station which is due to increase their onsite capacity up to 230,000 tonnes of waste per year. Utilising both fluidised bed combustion and moving grate technology, this is an exciting project to be part of with a contract in place for the next 25 years.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
We are looking for an Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician to join the maintenance team of the energy from waste plant. You'll be involved with all reactive & preventative maintenance work to ensure maximum plant availability. This will also involve project / plant improvement work, calibrations and plant inspections.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the power station.
- Planning & coordinating all inspections, fault finding, maintenance, calibration and adjustments on a variety of equipment including Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, Electrical equipment (motors, drives, actuators, switch gear), Instrumentation (sensors, pressure, temperature, flow, level) and Control Systems (DCS, PLC & SCADA).
- Provide technical documentation and assist with maintenance contract tenders.
- Support the maintenance manager in organising external contract support for specialise EC&I work.
- Purchasing spare parts and ensuring essential equipment is readily available.
- Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally an HND/HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Electronic/Automation Engineering discipline
- Qualified with an IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Ideally trained to work on High Voltage equipment.
- 17th or 18th Edition qualified.
- Familiar with a variety of control systems including Siemens PCS7, Valmet DNA and Step 7 WinCC.
- Have significant experience working with electrical and instrumentation.
- At least 4 years' experience on a power station or other heavy process plants such as energy from waste, steel work, paper mill, petrochemical, refinery or pharmaceutical in an EC&I maintenance team.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a new build Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.