EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector. We are looking for an EC&I Technician to join the Maintenance Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located just North of the M25, North London. This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a EC&I Technician will include reporting to the EC&I Engineer and you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, installing and maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow and level) and control systems inline with OEM guidance, legislation and industry best practice.
- Calibrations and loop checking of instruments relating to the sites DCS/control systems
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC systems.
- Maintaining the DCS, HMI, SCADA and continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS),
- Assist in the development of plant modification and improvement work to improve plant reliability, efficiency and performance.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS, ensuring all documents are recorded in a timely manner along with the relevant RAMS/H&S documents.
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required.
- Provide technical support to the Operations Team.
- Ensuring strict HSE compliance always.
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A recognised Electrical/C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry.
- An HNC/ONC/NVQ 3 or equivalent in either electrical or C&I engineering.
- Working knowledge of carrying out maintenance on motors, switch gear, instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperate etc) and control systems (SCADA, DCS and PLC, ideally Metso / Valmet).
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, steel works, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Overtime and Call out package
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 or email a CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.