EC&I Technician - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an EC&I Technician to join the Maintenance Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area. The plant is powered by diesel engines and a 13MW Generator and the exhaust gases drive a turbo generator before going through a gas scrubbing system.
The EC&I Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all EC&I assets across the plant to ensure minimum plant downtime
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Electrical Engineer, the EC&I Technician will be responsible for:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the power station
- Fault finding/maintaining electrical systems (motors, drives, distribution equipment), instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level & flow) and control systems
- Calibrating instrumentation
- Programming the sites DCS and other PLC systems
- Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised electrical/C&I engineering apprenticeship ideally gained in a heavy process industry
- An HNC/ONC/NVQ 3 or equivalent in either electrical or C&I engineering
- Working knowledge of carrying out maintenance on motors, switchgear, instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperate etc) and control systems (SCADA, DCS and PLC)
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, steel works, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive starting salary
- Company pension
- The chance to join a newly built plant.
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 286 to speak to Dan who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.