EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Astute are recruiting an EC&I Technician to join a newly built, 41MW, Biomass Power Station located in South Yorkshire. Fueled using waste wood, the plant produces enough power for 78,000 and saving 150,000 tons of CO2 on an annual basis.
As the EC&I Technician you'll be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance across a variety of plant which includes motors,switchgear, drives, actuators, control panels and CEMS equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the DCS Engineer, as an EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the power station
- Fault finding/maintaining electrical, instrumentation including; pressure gauges, temperature sensors, level sensors, flow transmitters and control systems
- Calibrating instrumentation equipment
- Programming the sites DCS and other PLC systems
- Conducting continuous improvement activities, plant modifications and design work
- Supervising 3rd party contractors
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A HND/HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Apprentice trained in an Engineering environment
- Have significant experience working with PLC's, Control Systems, DCS, SCADA and Instrumentation
- At least 3 years' experience on a power station or other heavy process plants such as petrochemical, refinery or pharmaceutical in an EC&I discipline performing maintenance tasks
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- A performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.