EC&I Engineer - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an EC&I Engineer to join the Maintenance Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in Cumbria join the Engineering Team of a 188MW CHP located in Cumbria. Comprised of three GE Frame 6B Gas Turbines and a single 68MW Steam Turbine, the plant provides power to the National Grid as well as steam to the Nuclear facilities of Sellafield.
Reporting to the E&M Manager you will be responsible for the providing engineering support on site ensuring regular maintenance is carried out, planning and scheduling major works and delivering against the contract KPI's.
Roles & Responsibilities
As EC&I Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and delivering planned maintenance & overhaul programme to rotating plant equipment which will include gas & steam turbines, HRSG's and fired boilers.
- Ensuring all works are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, in line with company guidelines and all applicable legislative requirements.
- Assist and support the EC&I maintenance and operation staff.
- Delivering an improved plant reliability program.
- Managing the Long-Term Service Agreement contracts within budget requirements and also managing specific cost centres.
- Attend meetings when necessary when including CHP interests and support improvement processes.
- Deliver projects consistently in line with project management procedures.
- Assist with engineering auditing as required including the housekeeping programme.
- Host technical training sessions and improve technical documentation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- Hold an electrical, control or instrumentation engineering degree or qualification such as - HNC, HND or equivalent.
- A certificate in management or hold a chartered status or equivalent is desirable.
- H&S Aware - Worked to a safe systems of work policy including Permit to Work, RAMS, Isolations etc
- Supervisory Working experience in a 24/7 Process/Power Generation/Energy from Waste/Biomass/Refinery environment with exposure to; Maintenance & Contract Management, Outage Management, Plant Improvement Projects and Legislative compliance
- High Voltage authorised or High voltage experienced.
- PLC, SCADA and DCS experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens S5/S7, Mitsubishi
If you are interested in this position, please contact Luke Bennett on 02393 910 037 or send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.