EC&I Design Engineer - Power (CHP)
£35,000 - £50,000 (DoE) + benefits
Our client, a leader in Combined Heat and Power (CHP) solutions, are looking for an Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation Design Engineer who has experience in Power Generation to join their team in Stockport, Cheshire.
You will be responsible for all aspects related to the Electrical Engineering of the projects business and be accountable for the P&L of the individual projects, under guidance Senior Management.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Electrical Design Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Provide expertise in the design and implementation of control and automation systems for new projects
- Produce specifications, electrical design (HV and LV), schematic drawings, details drawings and equipment schedules
- Modifications to existing schemes and optimising control and automation of CHP enabled process plants
- Manage clients and suppliers on and off site to make sure quality of work is to the standard required by the company
- Configuration and administration of industrial networks and firewalls
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Relevant qualification such as a Degree, HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to read and interpret control panel drawings, switchboard schematics, vendor data sheets, etc
- Good understanding of PLC programming with knowledge of different systems such as Siemens S7, Control Logix, Siemens TIA Portal, Allan Bradley, etc.
- Working knowledge of Modbus, Profibus and FLAG1107
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Up to £50,000
- Excellent company benefits
To apply for this position, please seen a copy of your updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this exciting opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.