.NET Developer Software Developer- Modelling and Simulation Engineering
Very competitive salary
My client has been experiencing a period of sustained growth across various market sectors, including defence, cyber security, airports, water and industrial. We are a projects focused business, providing technical consultancy and solutions primarily to the UK market, and seek the right individuals to join their growing team.
My client is looking for a skilled .Net Software Developer based in their Aldershot office to support development of applications, mathematical models and graphical user interfaces. You will be working on applications that give our customers insight into complex issues and help them to make multi-million pound decisions.
The right candidates will need to demonstrate excellent programming and mathematical skills, a desire to be challenged and contribute towards business growth and success. In return, they offer a challenging role, career development opportunities, an empowered and supportive working environment, and a competitive remuneration.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
Role and Responsibilities
* Work as part of an agile software development team to produce technical work, as specified by the Project Manager and the Lead Developer;
* Ensure that software developed is both tested and documented;
* Identify the overall project and business goals and help to achieve them;
* Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with colleagues and clients, developing networks of contacts internally and externally;
* Maintain and demonstrate strong technical competence; find new and better ways of carrying out the role.
* Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or other numerate degree;
* A-level Mathematics or equivalent;
* Knowledge of C# or VB.Net or competence in other object oriented or imperative programming languages such as Java, C++ etc.;
* Willingness to learn other languages as the needs of the business require;
* Awareness of relational databases including MS SQL;
* Strong problem solving skills;
* Good attention to detail;
* Enthusiastic, pro-active approach;
* Commitment to Software Engineering good practice;
* Excellent communication in the English language, both written and verbal, with colleagues and clients.
* Previous experience in modelling and simulation of real world problems; 3D modelling; physics; user interfaces;
* An interest in scientific and engineering analysis;
* Experience of creating fast, efficient, simple solutions to complex problems, using efficient computer algorithms and data structures;
* Experience of working in a technical or consulting environment.
In return my client offers:
* Training support for skills and career development;
* 25 days holiday with flexible leave options;
* Flexible benefits package;
* Scope for growth and career development within one of the world's leading engineering and construction groups;
* Potential for secondments to overseas offices.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.