£23,000 + Call Out + Package
We are currently recruiting for Distribution Technicians to join one of the largest water utilities businesses in the South East. Joining their Operations Team, you will be responsible for operating the mains network, resolving distribution problems, responding to and resolving any interruptions to water supply and managing customer issues to maintain a high level of service. This will involve travelling out to customer sites in response to emergency call-outs and network problems.
Working as one of their Distribution Technicians, you will be responsible for…
- Travelling out to various customer sites on a day to day basis, operating a fully remote working system.
- Responding effectively to customer call-outs in relation to the delivery of water supplies, providing a high level of service and resolving network issues in a timely manner.
- Plan allocated works, repairs and responses, keeping customer appointments whilst managing the works within set priorities.
- Carry out mains shut downs, risk assessments, interruption reports, proactive maintenance flushing, water sampling and system checks.
- Accurately collect and record (using Maximo and GIS systems) all work undertaken and network asset data.
- Supervise third party contractors working on the distribution network.
- Liaise with housing developers for the provision and installation of new water supplies and connections.
This role is working on a rotating shift basis including earlies and late shifts Monday-Saturday as well as being part of a rolling week call-out rota. Please only apply if this is suitable.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have a flexible attitude to work and excellent customer service skills responding to customer complaints, emergencies and issues.
Knowledge of plumbing, water mains or servicing would be beneficial as well as practical/technical hands-on experience.
Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence is essential as well as good problem solving skills and the ability to adapt under pressure.
Salary & Benefits
- Basic salary up to £23,800
- Benefits package
- 25 days annual leave
- Progression opportunity
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.