Rate - £32/Hour
Contract - 3 Months
The Disrepairs Surveyor will need to offer a resolution focused surveying service providing excellent customer service at every stage to enhance the reputation of the Brent Housing property service. The Disrepairs Surveyor will deliver a high level comprehensive technical surveying function incorporating diagnosis, specification, ordering, supervision and communication in order to maximise effectiveness and financial performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide a customer focussed service of surveying and auditing to support the responsive repairs and voids contracts, inclusive of pre and post inspections, and managing complex works from inception to completion with emphasis on getting it right the first time
- Provide accurate analysis and specification of works, raising orders for remedial works in line with Financial Guidelines and procedures, preparing variations and ensuring completion to approved timescales within budget. Controlling expenditure on service, ensuring value for money to make the best use of resources, in accordance with financial regulations
- Maintain up to date records and providing monthly statistical and qualitative information to the relevant manager in respect of service performance indicators and progress against targets and budgets. Attending contractors' monitoring meetings as required to give performance feedback
- Assist in contract management of repairs and voids contracts. Organise and carry out site visits to monitor contractors' work ensuring standards are to the highest quality. Raise issues with unacceptable contractor performance with relevant manager
- Undertake site surveys, work inspections and work valuations and subsequent reporting and support the manager as required. Assist in monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Relative experience of building maintenance in a local authority or other registered social landlord
- Experience of developing excellent relationships with customers, members and colleagues in all services and agencies, understanding of different roles in promoting successful service outcomes
- Experience of working to strict deadlines within a busy multi agency setting
- Experience in the management and administration of domestic building repairs
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.