Development Management Lead Planner (Council)
Rate - £45-50.00 per hour
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 6 Months
We are looking for a Planner who will proactively lead on the delivery of city deals across Portsmouth. This will involve negotiating the best development outcome. This will including securing community infrastructure and benefits as well creating places that meet the needs of existing and future communities.
Our client is looking for a Lead Planner with a technical background, who has previous experience in delivering similar projects in the past.
- Be qualified with an appropriate degree / Master and/or professional qualification or equivalent with a proven record of ongoing CPD relevant to the role
- Have relevant Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Possess extensive knowledge of planning legislation and extensive experience of working within Development Management
- Have a clear understanding of the role development management plays in delivering regeneration
- Have the ability to provide leadership on development management matters
- Have a proven track record of successfully dealing with relatively complex development proposals
- Have a proven track record of creating customer centred services promoting a culture of involvement and responsiveness.
- Have a good understanding of local government the political environment and sensitivities
- Have experience of dealing with the historic environment
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have experience in the use of computer applications including IDOX and EDMS and other databases to research information and evidence
- Have a full driving licence and use of a car as you will visit sites all over the city
If you are interested in finding out more about this challenging role, then contact Adam Nash on 02392 288 289 , or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.