Desktop Support Engineer
4 Month Contract
We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Engineer on a contract basis from Jan 2020. The right person will be assisting the existing IT Team with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology during a roll out of Office 365 and upgrade to Windows 10.
Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
The role & responsibility:
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure - Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Smartphone etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications - Office 365
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ability to ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
Please call Abbie Easton directly on 02393 910042 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities & requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.