£45,000 - £65, 000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to join a Project & Programme Management and Delivery specialist business, focusing on the Education sector. The role can be based between the Manchester and Birmingham office, dependant on project and the individual's location.
The Design Manager will lead the design team from bid acceptance through the bid, preconstruction and mobilisation period of the design and build project until successful completion of the major design elements, including management and coordination of external consultants and supply chain designers in line with the project programme. Providing leadership and management of design process and allocated resources, essentially managing people through the design process.
The role & responsibilities
- Manage & coordinate technical projects on time and within budget, & to the desired quality.
- Manage design processes, promote integration of disciplines both internally & with external consultants & supply chain across multiple projects on the frameworks.
- Manage teams of consultants to ensure they meet KPI's and agreed services
- Manage a single or multi-functional design team responsible for delivering projects in accordance with customer's requirements.
- Overview, monitor and report on design programmes and their interface with whole life programmes during the preconstruction phase.
- Comfortable with interfacing with the Customer and other design team members regarding the production of information in line with agreed deliverables.
- Supporting, understanding and advising the customer as to the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design
- Reviewing Technical information provided by external Architects and Engineers.
- Coordinating design activities across various disciplines within the design team.
- Manage design deliverables for customer engagement process and development of the cost plan / detailed pricing data.
- Provide technical support to the bid process.
- Understand and manage changes to scope and the effect on budget and programme.
- Coordinate with project teams and resolve any construction queries.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Document Design Team Meetings/Workshops and issue minutes within 3days.
- Manage document and version control of all design documents, including ensuring appropriate trackers are in place.
- Manage electronic document control and sharing of information with consultants and customers.
- Experience in a Design Manager role
- Experience working in the Education sector
- Worked with 2 stage tendering & bid process and Frameworks
Please call Abbie Easton directly on 02393 910042 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities & requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.