Design Engineer - Electronics
Tyne & Wear
Negotiable salary + relocation package/benefits
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our clients expanding manufacturing & design team in Tyne & Wear. Our client specialises in the design & manufacture power conversion systems for a variety of industries including the defence & Energy sector. The ideal candidate will have come from an Electronics concept design background & have experience of deciphering customer requirements.
- The development, analysis, and validation of design solutions to meet the project requirements using prototyping, simulation and validation by test techniques.
- Generation of all functional, component, manufacturing, test and validation specifications. Contribute to the delivery of accurate project documentation.
- Ensuring that all design solutions are robust, reliable, meet the budgeted cost and are on time.
- Support related activities such as drawing and printed circuit board development
- Liaise with test and production departments during product introduction process, including design of test rigs.
- Support with the installation and commissioning of equipment at the customers premises.
- To assist the Principal Engineer in the planning, test set-up and operation of qualification tests as necessary, including tests conducted off site. The production of accurate qualification test reports.
- Preparation of materials for design reviews. Provide advice on all aspects of design and engineering to management and staff to ensure effective decision making
Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in Electronics Engineering
- Experience working within Power Electronics - AC/DC, DC/AC, AC/AC, DC/DC
- The ability to work with customer requirements & concepts
- Knowledge of Power Electronics Design, Testing, electromagnetic assembly specification
- Desirable but not essential - knowledge of microprocessor control & software development design
Please call Abbie Easton directly on 02393 910042 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities & requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.