Design Engineer - District Heating
6 Month Contract
We are looking for a Design Engineer, specifically with experience in the District Heating sector to join a global Power Generation company based out of Nottingham
As a Design Engineer you'll be involved with the production and delivery of the mechanical elements for Heat Network Systems which include the Energy Centre, pipe network and Heat Interface Units.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Develop and take responsibility for the delivery of cost-effective, green innovative solutions when required, in accordance with customer requirements.
- Identify key design and project dependencies.
- Ensure a robust, accurate and viable design proposal is delivered in a timely and efficient manner, including proposal/tender pricing.
- Represent the company at progress and client meetings, providing technical guidance and input and present at a level commensurate to the entire audience.
- Interact with external design consultants, regulatory bodies, manufacturers and
subcontractors to effectively deliver robust technical design solutions for district heating schemes.
- Perform Peer Review to ensure the quality of work carried out by team members meet
company, regulatory, good practice and client requirements.
- Support the development of company design standards and product offerings to ensure the implementation of good quality installations and a consistent approach to base costs.
- Support the sales and commercial teams by providing technical support and advice,
development of conceptual schemes as part of the bid process.
- Aid operational teams in ensuring quality standards of installations conform with company standards.
- Assist the operational and project teams to effectively commission and optimise the
operational efficiency of new and existing district heating schemes.
- Support the operation teams and provide technical evaluations of sub-contractor and
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- CEng Chartered Engineer status (or working toward)
- Extensive experience in a relevant field with detailed knowledge of the design, configuration with the ability to size and specify major
- plants; boilers, CHP engines, Heat Pumps, pumps, heat exchangers, chillers and new
- innovative technologies.
- An ability to size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
- Experience with the creation and detailing of Bills of Material for plant equipment, valves and instrumentation.
- BIM Experience/Exposure
- 3D Modelling Experience - Autodesk Plant 3D, Revit, Navis Works
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Contract until January 2021
- Competitive rate: LTD Company Contractor or Umbrella / PAYE rate
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.