DCS Engineer - Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are currently recruiting for a DCS / C&I Engineer to join a relatively new 40MW biomass power station in the Rotherham area. As the C&I Engineer you will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and engineering activities associated with the sites control systems and instrumentation.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager typical duties will include:
- Acting as the technical expert on site on all C&I systems, in particular DCS, ensuring plant is maintained safely and made available at all times
- Work closely with the DCS technical department keeping up to date with DCS system changes and upgrades whilst recommending improvements where necessary
- Managing and directing site Technicians
- Responsibility for all maintenance of C&I systems on the plant including investigation and rectification of faults
- Manage projects when required relating to C&I systems
- Providing expert advice and technical support across other plants which may involve business travel
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Training on OEM equipment in Europe.
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, it's important you meet certain including.
- At least 5 years of experience as part of a C&I maintenance / engineering team in power generation. This can include energy from waste, biomass, CCGT, coal etc. Other process industries will be considered e.g. chemical, steel
- An HND/HNC level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline such as electrical/electronic engineering
- ABB DCS experience would be an advantage
- The ability to identify and implement a methodology of continuous improvement in the workplace
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary up to £55,000
- A company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8BH
- Additional benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak with Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.