DCS / Controls Engineer - Power Station
Competitive salary on offer + generous benefits package
North East Lincolnshire
We are currently recruiting for a DCS Engineer / Control Systems Engineer to work at a large gas fired CHP plant in Lincolnshire. This plant has the capacity to produce around 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. The DCS Engineer who will be responsible for all plant DCS control system modifications, maintenance and asset management within the EC&I Engineering Team.
Reporting to the EC&I Engineer duties will include:
- Being accountable for the maintenance work and tasks assigned to them via the planning process for all control systems on site
- Agree work priorities with other team leads and the Operations Team
- Being accountable for control systems including - Honeywell Experion, Honeywell FSC system, GE Mark Ve, GE Mark Vie and Siemens S7 to name a few
- Providing support on various automation projects.
- Providing support and expertise on control system software applications, hardware and software upgrades
- Being the main point of contact for all control system tasks, breakdowns and callouts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates with the following:
- Candidates must be qualified to HND/HNC level in electrical, electronic or control engineering. A degree qualified Engineer would be preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge of control systems on all types of DCS and PLCs
- At least 5 years post apprenticeship experience in a heavy process industry utilities DCS systems, preferable power generation but others will be considered - steel, chemical, pharma etc
- Detailed knowledge of Honeywell Control Systems would be ideal
- Excellent PC/computer skills
- This is a Monday to Friday role, but a flexible approach is required at times
Salary and benefits
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A performance related bonus
- A company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
- Additional benefits
Further details of the package can be discussed. To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.