Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
£48,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Day Shift Team Leader to support the Operations Manager in the day to day running of an Energy from Waste power station in the Birmingham area. The Day Shift Team Leader will be responsible for managing O&M staff ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Day Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
- The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a HV Senior Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
Please note this is primarily day Monday to Friday. However, you may be required to work 12 hour shifts occasionally to cover for sickness and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this Day Shift Team Leader position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC in an engineering discipline
- At least 5 years' experience operating a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
- The ability to work shifts on occasions when required
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Day Shift Team Leader vacancy as follows:
- A salary of £48,000
- A bonus opportunity
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02393 910 033 to speak to Megan who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.