Day Operator - New Gasification Power Plant
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Up to £21,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector. This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 7,000 homes.
The Energy from Waste plant uses Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 160,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
We are looking for a Day Operator to join the Operations Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Belfast.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, as Day Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating yellow plant including fork lift trucks, tele-handlers and front loading shovels
- Ensuring a constant availability of fuel to be processed
- Managing the deliveries of fuel to the site
- Quality checks and sampling of the delivered wood fuel
- Assist in the delivery of chemicals and loading of ash when necessary
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience in operating a variety of mobile plant including forklift truck, telehandlers, yellow plant etc
- Experience in an industry such as waste, energy from waste, biomass or aggregate
- Health and Safety or First Aid training is desirable
- A flexible approach to working hours and ability to work shifts when necessary
- The ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £21,000
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Gasification Power Plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.