Data Centre Engineer (Electrical)
Salary - £38,500 + Bonus
We are recruiting for a Data Centre Engineer / Electrical Engineer to join a team on a data centre based in Watford. The Engineer will be require to cover a 8-5 Monday - Friday shift assisting with the operation and maintenance of the data centre including management of contractors. The position will focus on conducting pre planned and reactive maintenance across the facility, assisting with long term engineering programs and fault finding on critical infrastructure. This will be on a wide range of electrical equipment such as UPS, high voltage electrical systems, HVAC / AHU, cooling towers and power distribution units.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance manager, as the Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Routine plant inspections, site checks and to use and monitor the building management system.
- Preventative and routine maintenance on HV and LV electrical & mechanical systems such as UPS, PDU units, cooling towers and air handling units.
- Maintaining plant records, information and reporting systems
- Support the shift engineering team with their operational duties ensuring they are operating the data centres critical services.
- Completing all PPM's and reactive maintenance to the SLA
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Apprentice trained or qualified to a level 3 qualification in: Electrical, Mechanical or Building Services
- 17th or 18th Edition Certificate
- Full UK Driver's License
- Able to pass full security checks to BS7858:2012
What is on offer
- Salary of up to £38,500
- Additional earning potential through training.
- Bonus scheme
- Other company benefits
To apply for this role simply send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call 02393 910 041 and speak with Ben who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.