Critical Facilities Maintenance Shift Leader - New Build Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are working exclusively with one of the world's largest telecommunications providers to support their recruitment at their newest Data Centre. Located in East London, this Data Centre will be one of the UK's largest with an IT Load up to 60MW. They currently have five operational sites located around West London and are rapidly expanding with new builds elsewhere in Europe. Offering a flexible service arrangement for customers and hybrid IT Solutions this is going to be a state of the art Digital Campus located in a up and coming Digital Hub in London.
As part of the recruitment for this exciting new Data Centre, we are currently looking for multiple Critical Facilities Maintenance Shift Leaders. The Shift Leaders will be responsible for the management of Shift Engineers as well as providing technical support and leadership across the shift ensuring all planned and reactive maintenance work is carried out in an effective and efficient manner
All candidates will need to be able to pass BS7858:2012 Security Clearance in order to be successful.
- Ensuring your shift team undertake all planned and reactive maintenance work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Motivating, engaging and driving a high-performance working environment
- Managing individual and team performance by setting daily objectives and regularly reviewing these
- Managing the sites permit (PTW) and safe systems of work processes
- Ensuring method statements and risk assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks undertaken
- Supporting the shift engineering teams to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the data centre
- Acting as an HV Authorised Person for the SSOW for both LV and HV systems
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes
Knowledge, skills and experience…
- Experience as a Shift Leader / Acting Shift Leader in a critical environment or data centre is essential.
- A strong background in data centre or building services maintenance across M&E systems including transformers, generators, UPS, electrical distribution, BMS and air conditioning
- HND/HNC/ONC level qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline - electrical is desirable but would also consider mechanical or building services
- 17th or 18th edition
- HV Authorised Person status
We are also recruiting a number of other engineering roles for this Data Centre in Dagenham. If you have engineering/ maintenance experience in a data centre or building services, please get in touch.
Package and benefits
- A competitive salary
- Company pension
- Other company benefits
- The chance to join a new build data centre
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.