Control Systems Engineer - Energy from Waste
£55,000 + Benefits
We are actively recruiting for a C&I Engineer / Control System Engineer, ideally with Siemens PCS7 experience, to join the Operations & Maintenance department of an energy from waste facility in Milton Keynes. This plant comprises of a waste recycling facility, anaerobic digestion plant and gasification EFW plant. The C&I Engineer will be responsible for technical support across all control and instrumentation related engineering activities within the gasification plant.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Operations Manager, typical duties will include:
- Ensuring all C&I assets are compliant with relevant HSEQ standards
- Conducting fault finding and investigations using Siemens PCS7
- Developing engineering procedures, instructions and method statements
- Assisting with all outage activities as required, ensuring all aspects of C&I work are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Lead root cause analysis in relation to C&I issues
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Developing EC&I design requirements
- Commissioning activities
What you will need…
- A time served apprenticeship with an HNC in electrical/electronic engineering, measurement & control or similar
- Excellent technical knowledge of PLC, DCS, Instrumentation and some electrical systems
- At least 6 + years of maintenance/engineering experience gained in a heavy process environment e.g. power station, chemical plant, refinery, steel works, pharmaceutical etc
- Ideally experience with Siemens PCS7 control systems
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
What's in it for you…
- A salary of circa £55,000
- A company pension
- 24 days holiday + 8BH
- Overtime rates
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.