Contractor Support Administrator
6 Month Maternity Cover - FTC
Astute Technical Recruitment are an established Recruitment Consultancy based in Portsmouth, located in the prestigious 4000 Lakeside offices and as an award-winning technical recruitment consultancy, we're proud to have built an industry leading business, focusing on the provision of high-calibre contract and permanent staff worldwide.
We specialise in Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Water Treatment, Nuclear, Manufacturing and Construction sectors and want you to become a core member of the team. With highly knowledgeable recruitment teams, experts in their specialist areas of Design, Construction, Commissioning, Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Management, Astute is perfectly placed to help you take your next step.
What We Offer
We are looking for a Contact Support Administrator as maternity cover for an initial 6-month fixed term contract. Salary starts from £20k with excellent additional incentives.
- Salary starting from £20k (depending on experience)
- Fully supported back office
- Monday to Thursday 08:30-17:30, Friday 08:30 - 17:00
- Casual Dress Code
- Regular incentives
- Breakfast club
- Social events throughout the year including Annual Company Awards night with partners
Why Should You Apply?
We are growing fast and looking for people that want to grow with us. This opportunity will suit someone with excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and wanting to develop their current skills whilst gaining new ones.
- High administration experience with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a confident telephone manner to manage both internal and external customers
- Previous Administration experience is essential
- Thorough understanding of the contractor recruitment process from start to finish is desirable
- Highly organised and able to multi-task & prioritse workload to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy at all times
- A methodical approach whilst working under pressure in a busy, fast moving environment
- Able to interpret data and present this in an accurate informative manner
- Conversant with MS Office packages
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- A high level of integrity
- Liaise with contractors by telephone and email to obtain the essential paperwork required prior to commencement of assignments
- Undertake pre-employment checks, including eligibility to work, and obtain references from previous employers
- Advise contractors on the different payroll solutions offered by the company and when necessary, refer to Preferred Supplier Lists
- Understand the different model contracts and ensure the correct one is administered for each assignment
- Ensure regular contact is maintained with Umbrella and Accountancy providers. This will include yearly reviews to ensure contractor satisfaction and service levels are being maintained
- Ensure the necessary due diligence is completed on limited companies and the correct documents obtained to support the process. This includes verifying information via external companies such as Companies House and Credit Safe
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain an excellent understanding of current regulations that affect contractors, including but not limited to, AWR, IR35, Conduct Regulations, Onshore Intermediaries Legislation and the Finance Bill (Travel & Subsistence)
- Liaise with clients regarding the Agency Worker Regulations to ensure compliance and provide advice when necessary
- Sole responsibility in managing and monitoring the contractor communication
How to Apply?
If you are someone with excellent administration and communication skills, high attention to detail and wanting to develop their current skills whilst gaining new ones and looking for a challenging, yet rewarding role, then send your CV to Mark Davis-Russell on mdavis-russell@astutetechnical along with a cover note or call 02393 910036 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.