Construction Project Manager
Rate - £450/Day
Contract - 3 to 6 Months
We are recruiting a Project Manager to support the Commercial Manager, in bringing forward and delivering a number of housing developmens. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the construction side of the council's housing development programme, ensuring contractors are delivering as promised on site by challenging the construction programme, materials used, methodology and the quality.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and help manage a portfolio of housing projects on site within the Department in alignment with both departmental and corporate aims and priorities.
- Bring forward investment opportunities for investment decision making and delivery, including writing concept papers, business cases and Cabinet reports.
- To be responsible for delivering the construction quality on capital projects in the housing development programme, working alongside the development team.
- To lead in compiling regular progress reports and identifying and managing project risks/issues.
- To collaborate with stakeholders to develop solutions in response to issues/risks and to manage and control project changes in line with established protocols.
- To be able to make a full comprehensive report after completing site visits. Commenting on; labour and plant records, general site reports, site progress, progress against programme, quality control and health and safety issues.
- Relevant professional qualification - appropriate construction/surveying AND project management background.
- Minimum 7 Years working in a management position within the Construction Industry
- Previous Experience working on Capital Projects for a Local Authority
- In depth knowledge of project management techniques, including governance, dependency management, risk management and financial management.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.