Construction Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Car & Bonus
Astute are working with a renewable Energy company, specialising in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
We are recruiting for a Construction / Technical Manager to oversee ongoing and future projects from a Civils point of view. You will be supporting the Head of Construction and Project Managers in overseeing all Civil work ranging from design through to construction.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Construction Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support across all Civil Engineering matters.
- Supporting CapEx and OpEx business models and providing technical reports as and when required.
- Overseeing all design / architecture, planning, permitry, specification and tendering of Civils Works packages.
- Supervising construction activities (Quality Assurance) on Energy from Waste power stations.
- Managing on site compliance and documentation of all issues this includes CDM Regulations, Health & safety and industry regulations.
- Management of Contractors on site.
- Supporting Commercial Managers with Claims Management, CapEx reports and forecasting / cost analysis.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or relevant Engineering field
- Prior experience either with Client or EPC Teams on Energy from Waste Power Stations, similar large-scale industrial process plants will also be relevant such as Biomass, CHP, CCGT, Refineries etc
- Minimum IOSH and knowledge of CDM 2015
- Exposure to pre-construction works from design, tender and planning / permitting of projects.
- Experience in managing full site teams (multi-discipline)
- Budgetary experience (full construction programme)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance and annual bonus
- Benefits package including pension
- Ongoing project list
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more. or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.