Bridgewater - Somerset
Our client, a leading construction company, currently require a Construction Manager to join their Nuclear New Build project in Bridgewater. As a Construction Manager you will see the project site operations from planning right through to site establishment.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of Construction Site Management, strong mechanical and electrical (M&E) knowledge and experience working on a nuclear licensed site.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for project erection / installation activity from planning through to implementation. This will include early erection works through to commissioning hand-over later in the project life cycle.
- Ensure quality of project deliverables while on time and to budget.
- Liaise with customer on all site matters.
- Develop EDG erection / installation contracting plan; source erection / installation sub-contractors and prepare sub-contract.
- Management of the installation teams.
- Update and take responsibility for contract requirements mapping on site.
- Perform detailed planning for project phase including detailed schedule development and budget consolidation vs objective.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Support Quality Manager for site audits.
- Update Project Logistics plan to consider site and project phase needs.
- This role reports to the Project Director.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Extensive Construction Site Management experience
- Strong M&E knowledge
- Experience working on a nuclear licensed site
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent self-organization skills and ability to organize others
- Knowledge of UK building regulations
- Proven ability to drive program toward completion
- High levels of quality standards
- Attention to H&S matters.
What's on Offer
- Salary £80,000.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.