Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Start date - October 2020
Rate - £400 - £500 per day
Duration - 7 months contract
Location - Cottbus, Germany
Our Client is looking for an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join their team on a contract basis in Cottbus, Germany, to commission a Co-generation District Heating plant. Our Client is in a Joint Venture with German Company, so being able to speak both German and English is essential for this project.
- Making improvements to, and offering advice about, operational procedures
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification
- Creating and carrying out test procedures
- Investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults
- Liaising with installation/project engineers
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
- Writing reports and documentation in line with project requirements.
- Providing technical support
- Ensuring safe working conditions
- Training maintenance and operative staff where appropriate.
Qualifications and Certification:
5 years' experience in a maintenance, test or service role within the Oil and Gas and/or petrochemical industry - preferably with a system integration company or similar.
Experience and knowledge of flow metering, instrumentation, piping, valves, pumps, sampling systems, analysers, Flow Computers, E&I wiring and control panels.
Hold a degree in an appropriate engineering discipline such as electrical, mechanical or civil engineering.
Key skills for Commissioning Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering, Technical Physics or Process Technology.
- 5 years' experience in a maintenance, test or service role within the Oil and Gas and/or petrochemical industry - preferably with a
- Experience and Knowledge of flow metering, instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, valves, pumps, sampling systems, analysers, Flow Computers, E&I wiring and control panels, and deep knowledge of VSD.
- Experience on reading wiring diagrams, understanding detailed and overall control concept, electrical power distribution, power distribution panels (LV and MV),
- Experience with alarm systems such as fire alarm, gas alarm, voice alarm,
- Excellent inter-personal skills, a proactive team player in combination with a strong self-supporting/ independent character.
- Willingness to frequent worldwide travel
- Commercial awareness, good command of German and good presentation skills.
If you are interested in this exciting role, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or on 02392 222 966
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.