Commercial Support Manager - Energy from Waste
National (Devon, Kent, Scotland)
Competitive Salary & Travel & Bonus
Astute are working with a renewable Energy company, specialising in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Support Manager to oversee and assist all procurement, commercial and contractual obligations. Working alongside multiple departments this is a key role to oversee all procurement and purchasing operations. You'll be based ideally near one of their three plants and this role will involve monthly travel to each site and occasional travel to their head office in Germany.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Contracts, as Commercial Support Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the site based teams in all procurement activities inline with company procurement processes.
- Producing commercial reports and support to multiple teams including the Finance, Legal & Insurance Departments in addition to support the O&M/QHSE teams.
- Review existing vendors and service framework agreements to improve efficiency or cost saving exercises.
- Carry out procurement audits to benchmark suppliers and take part in negotiations to ensure the best value for the business.
- Maintaining a supply chain database with up to date documentation ensuring it is accessible and up to date at all times for compliance purposes.
- Advise or deputise for the Head of Commercial Contracts to authorise or reject Tender Evaluation documents.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Proven work experience in a Commercial / Procurement role ideally in the Energy from Waste or Biomass sector, similar heavy industries such as Power Generation, Waste Management, Steel works, Petrochemical etc.
- Familiar with a variety of procurement software including bespoke packages.
- Experience of Claims Management would be advantageous as would Contract Management.
- Ability to frequently travel to sites with the occasional travel to Germany.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus up to 12.5%
- Benefits Package including travel expenses
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.