Commercial Operations Manager - Renewable Energy
£45,000 - £60,000 DOE
Astute are looking to recruit a commercially focussed Operations/General Manager in the Renewable Energy sector. Our client is looking for someone to help run their anaerobic digestion side of the business and put some real structure in place in order to run the anaerobic digestion plant both efficiently and economically.
This role requires this person to be the Plant Manager of the Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant and will take charge of the overall, high-level operations of the AD plant.
The role requires a global view of the business from budgeting and planning, operational issues, feedstock sourcing, digestate agreements and capital projects.
The role will also be responsible for optimising the AD Plant operations in terms of feeding plans and biological management ensuring a healthy and profitable operation.
The successful candidate must have a clear commercial understanding of the AD business. This includes ensuring the timely submissions of Export, FIT, RHI and GGC applications and an understanding on the status of these payments.
Reporting into the Director, as the Commercial Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Compliance with health and safety policies and codes of practice across all aspects of the site and operations
* Business planning and annual budgeting
* Commercial management and reporting (in conjunction with DW)
* Feedstock sourcing and relationships
* Developing and managing the feeding plans
* Monitoring and controlling the plant biology
* Management of digestate disposal and processing
* Compliance across all regulatory bodies including reporting, audits and inspections
* OFGEM RHI and FIT submissions and claims
* Green Gas Certificate management
* Ownership of capital Projects
* General risk management
* Date management and collection
* Data reporting
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Previous experience in the Renewable Energy sector is hugely preferred
- Anaerobic Digestion experience is hugely preferred
- A proven track record in commercial operations or business management
- A proven leader
- Exceptional business acumen
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary DOE, between £45,000 - £60,000
- A generous package
- Potential use of an onsite, new build house
- Pension scheme
- An excellent holiday allowance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.