Combat Systems Engineer
£45-£50 Per Hour
Contract - 6 Months
We are recruiting a Combat Systems Engineer to work within the Obsolescence Department, with security clearance BPSS into SC. The ideal Combat System Engineer will have experience in shipborne mission systems, in particular, Long/Medium Range and Navigation Radars, Secondary Radars, Electro Optic Sights, Combat Management Systems and Tactical Data Links, Decoys, CIWS/ASCG, Air Traffic Control aids, including Precision Approach Radar, TACAN and Glide Path Camera, METOC, Internal and External Communications (HF through to EHF), Local Area Networks - Secret Real Time, Secret non-Real Time, IPMS and Restricted, Information Systems, including Aviation Mission, ISTAR, Operational Planning, Ship Administration and Air Group Management Aid.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- provide governance and oversight of engineering decisions that affect mission system equipment
- undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supporting the Mission Systems, Engineering team and other functions, and/or to organise and coordinate aspects of engineering activity ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements
- Design and develop solutions, resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of situations across the Mission System spectrum of equipment and systems
- Hold a whole ship view and can contextualise Mission System design changes to provide technical advice and guidance to others relating to a Mission System engineering change.
- Be qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Electronic Engineering or a related discipline preferably with experience in the marine/naval industry.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body and registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng), or be able to demonstrate that they have been working at the level of a Chartered Engineer for some period of time.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on an exciting fast paced project.
To apply please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.