Chemist & Environmental Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £45,000 & Benefits
We are recruiting for a Chemist to join the team an Energy from Waste Power Station in the North London area. Energy from Waste is currently one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK's power industry offering secure, lengthy and challenging careers with great opportunities for development.
As the Chemist, you will be responsible for the management of plant chemistry and chemical safety on site. You will ensure plant compliance across all permits including the Environmental Permit and Trade Effluent Consent.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Energy Centre as the Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and technical support on aspects of chemistry including water and steam chemistry, fuel quality, air quality etc.
- Performing laboratory tasks, analysis and completing authorised person duties such as testing of confined spaces.
- Ensuring the power station is operated within the site licence issued by the local Environment Agency
- Conduct and report upon regular tests on waste, waste processing chemicals, etc,
- Manage the department budget, procure chemicals and oversee deliveries for site and laboratory analysis services.
- Maintain stock control of chemicals as required and maintain accurate records.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An HND/HNC level qualification in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or a similar scientific subject e.g. Environmental Science etc
- Hands on experience and theoretical knowledge of boiler chemistry control, ion exchange water treatment, Water Treatment Plant process operation and knowledge of modern water treatment technologies.
- Understand & interpret technical and scientific literature.
- Manage a laboratory on a continual basis (Equip, set up, etc)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Up to £45,000
- Benefits Package including Pension
- Health Care
- The opportunity to join the growing EFW sector
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 214 and ask to speak to Becki Saunders who can tell
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.