6-month Initial contract
£40 - £45 an hour
Stone - Stoke-on-Trent
Our client, a leading advanced automations company working within the Energy sector, currently require a CAD Technician to join their office in Stone. The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge and experience using CAD Electrical and working with PCLs.
As a CAD Technician you will have the opportunity to work over multiple EC&I projects within the business. Please note that you may be required to travel within the UK for this position, with periods of time spent away at customer sites.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assisting Energy and Infrastructure and Transmission and Distribution teams with all CAD Electrical work.
- Designing electrical hardware systems, using mainly proprietary hardware components for control panels.
- Modifying drawings according to mark-ups.
- Converting and redrawing designs from PDF's and / or TIFFs.
- Site surveying and scope identification.
- You may be required to help with testing and commissioning activities.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Vast knowledge and experience using CAD Electrical.
- Capability to design and modify instrument loop drawings and control circuit drawings.
- Knowledge of electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC'S) and / or DCS.
- Knowledge of Motor Control Centre, Motor Control Gear, Instrumentation and IEC BS EN 60439-1.
- Good understanding of EC&I circuits.
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer requirements.
What's on Offer
- 6-month contract (with a possible 12-month extension).
- £40 - £45 an hour.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.