CAD Technician / Draftsperson
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience
We are looking to recruit an experienced CAD Technician / Draftsperson to join our Client, a growing professional renewable energy practice who specialise in designing bespoke renewable systems for commercial PV installers and solar park EPCs. Also offering consultancy services to developers and asset owners including feasibility studies, design optimisation and due diligence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team, working closely with the Director to provide high quality documentation and simulations for existing and prospective Clients.
As an CAD Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Producing electrical construction documents from a brief.
- Handling Client enquiries, attending meetings and maintaining a quality level of service.
- There is an opportunity to manage the company CAD standards, block libraries and templates. You will also be required to peer-review documents created by others.
- Your job will primarily involve the use of AutoCAD, and you must be proficient with AutoCAD packages: You will be able to use them without supervision and work under your own initiative to solve both design and CAD-based problems
- You also will be able to demonstrate a working understanding of electrical concepts to support your production process.
- Travelling to visit sites across the UK.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this CAD Technician role, you must have:
- Relevant experience in a similar role. This maybe demonstrated through at least three years' experience in the construction or renewable energy industry.
- Experience with AMEP, ACE or Eplan would be a distinct advantage. Prior knowledge of the solar and regularly using specialist CAD packages including PVSyst, Helios3D, Amtech ProDesign and others would be preferred, although in-house training will be available as and when required.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and the flexibility to stay away.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business in the Renewable Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary package, plus benefits.
If you would like to apply for this CAD Technician role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.