C&I Engineer - Gas Storage Plant
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are looking for a Control and Instrument Engineer to join an established gas storage facility in the Hampshire area. The C&I Engineer will be responsible for the coordination of maintenance and improvements associated with the sites control systems and instruments ensuring maximum efficiency across the facility. This role would ideally suit a degree qualified C&I Engineer with 5+ years of experience in the oil & gas sector or similar.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Control and Instrument Engineer you will be responsible for:
- All the site's functional safety, development and improvement within the plant to maximise efficiency.
- Provide leadership as lead engineer by supporting the C&I Technicians with their routine and non-routine electrical and instrumental tasks
- Reviewing the plants safety instrument systems and documentation ensuring they are compliant with the international standards
- To take part in various projects by designing and implementing new process control systems
- Monitor and review records for proof testing carried out by the maintenance team on the site wide safety systems
- Provide technical support to the operations department, including diagnosis, and root cause analysis
- Carrying out Instrument loop design and instrument procurement
- Plan and prioritise daily activities to ensure the safety and control systems operate safely and efficiently.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally a degree in an EC&I related engineering subject. A minimum of a HNC is required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within an oil/gas industry or relevant heavy industry such as Power Station, Petrochemical, Refinery, Biomass etc
- Experience with PLC's & HMI
- To be competent using AutoCAD
- Working towards Chartership status
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Private medical cover
- Excellent Pension
- Income protection
- Holiday allowance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.