Business Development Manager
Stone - Stoke-on-Trent (or home based)
Our client, a leading advanced automations company working within the Energy sector, currently require a Business Development Manager to join their Transmission and Distributions team in Stone. The ideal candidate will have experience in a business to business sales role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Accountable for driving business development in the market space; achieving sales targets for new customers and new business.
- Support the business by representing the company in your area of expertise, developing specific customer relationships.
- Develop a growth strategy and sales plan which is both ambitious and achievable that identifies new business opportunities and organic growth from current customers.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, particularly business development and finance, to develop effective matrix management, effective governance of bids, risk and resource management and leverages best practices.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Business to business sales experience.
- Sales experience and good understanding of the procurement strategies of the MoD.
- Excellent commercial negotiation skills with a drive for outstanding customer service and high-performance culture.
- Good understanding of business development performance drivers.
- Knowledge and understanding of automation control systems.
- Sales experience of PLC / SCADA / Telemetry systems.
- Understanding of internal networks and politics within the business and energy marketplace and evidence of leveraging this knowledge to navigate complexity.
- Understanding of Smart Grids, renewable energy and its impacts on the energy markets
- A track record of producing and delivering growth strategy and sales plans in complex industries.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver formal reports and presentations, both internally and externally.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- 24 days holiday.
- One professional membership paid for annually.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.