Business Development Manager
Start date - June 2020
Salary - £60,000 - £70,000
Location - UK and Europe based role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join a growing business in the Renewable energy sector. Our Client have developed a state of the art technology for 2G lignocellulosic bio-refining of biomass resulting in multiple product and income streams, so the role of BDM is highly important to keep progressing the business in the right direction.
As a business development manager, you'll need to:
- identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- draw up client contracts - depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
- seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- help to plan sales campaigns
- create a sales pipeline
- negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
If you are interested in this exciting role then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or on 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.