Business Development Engineer
£40,000 -£55,000 per year
Start Date ASAP
We re recruiting for an enthusiastic and experienced engineer to join our proposal team. Day-to-day activities of the Bid Support function depends on the specific sales opportunities and their lifecycle. This includes providing the bid lead role or liaising with the bid lead, business head on the opportunity. This will include sales strategy; completing pre-qualification or proposal documentation; identifying and detailing solutions to address client needs; preparing cost estimate information; and answering client questions. In addition, knowledge/experience of different PLC/SCADA technology architectures together with design, implementation, testing, site installation and commissioning of these systems is desirable. The ability to interpret the client's requirements, produce subcontract specification requirements and identifying suitable subcontract suppliers when required would be useful. A reasonable amount of travel to customer or supplier sites is expected, either attending with the relevant sales lead, other BDEs or on your own.
- Working with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates, etc and ensuring compliance to internal bid governance rules and procedures.
- Support the BDMs through meetings with our clients to understand their needs and demonstrate market/technical expertise as part of a bid process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with technology providers to understand the latest technologies and to ensure compliant deliverable solutions are developed.
- Carry out surveys on client sites as required to identify scope, scale, implementation philosophies, etc
- Produce subcontract specifications, in liaison with procurement, for providers to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
- Produce detailed proposal documents that are well structured, contain the main selling messages and differentiators that give Capula the edge over our competitors.
- Potential involvement in research and development activities related to specific propositions and solutions. This also includes maintaining strong relationships with Alliance partners.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, producing Subcon specifications for them to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
In addition, a Business Development Engineer at a site has the following experience:
- A Software or Hardware engineering background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
- A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Experience in effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to achieve security clearance to at least SC level.
If you are interested in finding out more, you can call Adam on 02392288289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.