Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for a Building Surveyor to join an international engineering design consultancy with great strength and culture of progression who are dedicated to provide cutting edge expertise. It is a requirement to have 3 years working experience after being qualified.
This role will be based within Leeds, which involves you to support and manage the surveying teams throughout the Yorkshire area within the public and private sector. The different projects you will work on are:
· Planned maintenance and improvement schemes supporting numerous local authority frameworks with project values £10k to £1m
· Undertaking condition surveys, reports and providing forward maintenance plans on a variety of property portfolios and managing the resultant works
· Contract administration and management of alteration/ refurbishment projects for a variety of sectors
· Regular Party Wall Award, dilapidations negotiations and other professional appointments
In addition, you will be responsible for:
· Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors under your supervision and an active participation in the APC programme
· Competent delivery of all contractual and technical aspects of projects with minimum supervision including the delegation and management of junior team members
· Supporting senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
· Developing business with new and existing clients across the Yorkshire region and beyond
· Maintenance of Commercial and Quality Control Procedures for projects under your control
· Working across several projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties
As the ideal candidate you will have a BSc (Hons) Building Surveying degree or equivalent, as well as RICS Chartered surveyor. You will be required to have a good knowledge of sound technical surveying, drafting technical document including bids and good AutoCAD skills. Experience in managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability will also be a requirement.
To do well in this role you will need excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to present well, as well as create good presentations and write reports. You will also need to take pride in what you do and have good skills in client facing, awareness, commercial, time management, team work, organisation and problem solving.
If you are interested in discussing further, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lauren on 02392222965 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.