Building Control Surveyor/Major Project Surveyor
Rate - Negotiable
Contract - 3 Months
The Building Control Surveyor will provide advice on a wide range of building control duties and functions, work effectively in a competitive environment, contribute to the delivery of high quality, cost effective and customer focussed services to ensure that corporate and service objectives are achieved at all times.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as a primary contact in relation to Building Regulation and other Building Control matters and supplementary consultancy work as applicable.
- Undertake general structural checks and provide help and guidance to applicants, builders, etc in relation to residential alterations and extensions, loft conversions, etc together with commercial projects.
- Undertake initial investigation of alleged Dangerous Structures, as delegated, including report and assistance in preparation of any required notices.
- Provide pre-application advice, review, monitor and determine proposals together with on-site inspection and enforcement of building works and, as appropriate, certification of works on completion as compliant with relevant legislation.
- Appropriate Building Control experience at post-qualification level to demonstrate capability and credibility in dealing with a range of projects under Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Proven relevant experience and ability dealing with more complex, innovative buildings, together with proven understanding of materials and construction methods.
- Experience of using standard CAD design and checking packages.
- Experience of enforcement procedures and of dealing with unauthorised works / Regularisation applications together ability to carry out formal enforcement, preparing reports, and ability to act as expert witness as required.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.